Hi, my name is Dr. Meagan Strodel, and I am a California licensed Naturopathic Doctor. My patients usualy call me “Dr. Meg.” I completed my four-year medical training at the amazing Bastyr University in Seattle, Washington. I also hold a Bachelor’s of Science in Human Biology from Biola University in Southern California.
I became interested in natural medicine after becoming a patient of my first Naturopathic doctor at the age of 12. Always fascinated by the compassion and intelligence of my own NDs, I wanted their knowledge, but had no idea that medical school was in my future. Years later, about to graduate from college, I applied to Naturopathic medical school and never looked back.
My main interests involve endocrinology, genomic medicine, geriatric and family medicine, women’s health, fitness, and botanical medicine.
The conditions I most commonly treat include:
- Hormonal imbalances:
- heavy, painful periods
- Fertility: falling and staying pregnant, and pre-conception care
- Thyroid disorders, like Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Adrenal dysfunction, stress and circadian rhythm issues
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Acne, rosacea, keratosis pilaris, hives
- Celiac disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Obesity, metabolic syndrome, weight loss
- Mood issues: anxiety, depression, anger, lack of motivation
- Eating disorders/disordered eating
- Digestive complaints: GERD, reflux, SIBO, gas, bloating, stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea
- Common colds, UTIs, flus, rashes and other illnesses
My approach uses both traditional Naturopathic medicine combined with Functional Medicine. Therapeutics I enjoy using are diet/nutrition, exercise, IV therapy, botanical medicine, nutritional supplements, and counseling. I feel like it’s my job to think critically and holistically about your health, and I consider myself a health detective.
I am a thyroid-, Paleo-, gluten-free/Celiac-, and disordered eating-savvy doctor.
I grew up in New England, but moved to California for college to get out of the snow. I practiced in San Diego for 4 years, before moving to Boise, Idaho with husband.
In my free time you’ll find me spending time with my husband, or hanging out with friends… which usually involves long walks, climbing mountains, lifting heavy weights in the gym, and doing anything fitness related. I am also an avid cook and enjoy creating delicious recipes for my loved ones, which I publish online at MutritiousNuffins.blogspot.com/ But beware, I haven’t updated my blog in a long time 😉