Come visit us at our Idaho (Boise) office! California in-person visits are available at select times during the year. Dr. Meg’s last visit to San Diego was October 2021 and she does not any 2022 plans yet. If you want to be notified when she is seeing patients in person in San Diego, please sign up for our email list (contacts page). Visits will be provided at the San Diego office: 317 N. El Camino Real suite 310 Encinitas, CA 92024.
Virtual visits are provided through video in the InTakeQ system, with backup being Zoom. FaceTime is not an option for visits. Please click the link in your appointment confirmation, located in your email, to join the doctor in your video call.
Virtual visits are available for Idaho and California three days a week: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
All new and previous patients/clients must fill out paperwork and consent forms before their appointment. Paperwork is delivered virtually to your email when you create an appointment. Paperwork must be completed 24 hours prior to your appointment for the doctor to review.
- New Patient/Client Visit – 90 minutes
- Follow Ups – 90 minutes, 1 hour, 45 minutes, 30 minutes, 15 minutes
1) Payments can also be paid via cash, credit card, or check in-person.
- Appointment fees are as follows:
- $350 – 90 minute (initial visit + follow up visit)
- $250 – 60 minutes
- $215 – 45 minutes
- $150 – 30 minutes
- $75 – 15 minutes
- Extra time may be accrued, for example: if client/patient desires or requires more time with the doctor:
- Extra 15 minutes – $75
- Extra 30 minutes – $150
2) We do not accept PayPal, Venmo, trades, or other payment methods.
3) The state of California and the state of Idaho does not allow Naturopathic medical doctors to accept medical insurance, therefore Dr. Meg can not accept insurance for visits. Lab fees are cash based. Dr. Meg does not mark up any lab charges, or any blood work, with extra fees.
Typical lab costs are as follows (and vary based on specific test chosen):
- Initial comprehensive blood work: $200-450
- In-depth gluten sensitivity testing: $239
- Stool testing: $340-370
- SIBO testing: $199-289
- DUTCH (urine hormone) testing: $250
- Neurotransmitter testing: $249
- Salivary hormone testing: $168-200
- Adrenal hormone testing (salivary and urine): $126-150
- Chronic UTI testing: $199
- Chronic sinus infection testing: $199
- Vaginosis profiles: $99-199
- Chronic viral testing (EBV/CMV): $70-215
4) We understand that labs which finally get you answers can cost a lot of money out of pocket! If there are financial constraints, what we often do with testing is work in layers, so we do the highest priority test first, and then make plans in the following months to run the other necessary testing.
5) Health Coach Pricing:
- Payments are made by credit card. Appointment fees are as follows:
- $90 – 60 minutes
- $60 – 30 minutes
- $40 – 15 minutes
- Extra time may be accrued, for example: if client/patient desires or requires more time with the Holistic Health Coach:
- Extra 15 minutes – $40
- Extra 30 minutes – $60
- Payments are made by credit card. Appointment fees are as follows:
Care plans, also known as “treatment plans” or “health plans” are completed after your visit with the doctor. Expect your health plan to be ready for you in the Elation Patient Portal any time between 24-48 hours after your visit. Sometimes the doctor has a particularly busy day, and so please be patient with us when waiting for your plan. Inside your care plan you will receive: any notes about things discussed during your appointment, any lab recommendations and how to complete the labs, recommendations about diet, lifestyle, healthy products, and supplements or medications. Patients that are seen on Friday should expect their care plans no later than Monday, but sometimes the doctor will complete it over the weekend. In some cases, the doctor will need to do some research before finishing your plan, and so you should expect the plan to arrive later than the typical time frame. The doctor will notify you if this is the case. Care plans are fully customized TO YOU, and great care is put into making them. Once you have access to them, you are welcome to print out the plan, and/or take screenshots for keeping on your phone, for later viewing, or however you’d like to use it! You will receive an updated care plan at each visit.
To receive your care plans, you need to be registered for the patient portal, Elation Patient Passport. If you are not tech savvy, please ask someone else to help you set up the portal. Inability to access the portal will mean you will not have access to your care plans.
Payment for each visit is collected after each visit. You will be required to provide a credit card to book an appointment, but you will not be charged until your appointment is over. If your appointment extends past your appointment time, you may be charged an additional fee for time. The doctor will alert you if more time is needed.
We do not accept PayPal, Venmo, trades, or other payment methods.
Dr. Meg does not accept insurance for visits. The states of Idaho and California do not allow Naturopathic medical doctors to accept insurance. We can, however, provide you a superbill so that you can submit it to your insurance for possible reimbursement. We also take HSA cards!
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
(This form must be signed by patients before seeing the doctor. We are legally required by HIPAA law to display this information on our website).
Your privacy is incredibly important to me. When I created my business it was extremely important to me that your information is stored safely, in a HIPAA compliant manner, that you can access, or ask to accesss, your information at any time.
I understand that Dr. Meagan Breining will keep my medical records within Elation Health, an online, secure, cloud-based Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
I understand that a record will be kept of the health services provided to me. This record will be kept confidential and will not be released to others unless so directed by myself, or my representative, or unless it is required by law. I understand that my medical record will be kept for a minimum of three, but no more than ten years after the date of my last visit. I understand that information from my medical record may be analyzed for internal research purposes, and that my identity will be protected and kept confidential. I understand that any questions I have will be answered by my practitioner to the best of her ability.
I understand that within coordination of care with other practitioners, Dr. Meagan Breining, will send and receive records, upon my behalf, when it is necessary to do so. I understand that this will not occur without my verbal or written consent.
I understand that I always have the ability to ask for copies of my records, or for the transfer of my records to another provider.
EMAIL + COMMUNICATION
I recognize that emails are not a HIPAA compliant method of communication, and that by emailing email@example.com, or any other associated Dr. Meg, ND email, that I am waving my rights to have the information protected under HIPAA.
I recognize that if I send Dr. Meg, ND any emails containing lab reports, or similar documents that include patient identifying information, that I am waiving my rights to have the information protected under HIPAA.
I understand that the BEST and most secure way to send records, emails, and to communicate with the doctor, is through the secure patient/client portal, the Elation Patient Passport, which is a HIPAA compliant online portal where I can access my medical information, associated documents, email communication with the doctor, and care plans.