I’m giving this to you straight, because I know you guys just want the nitty gritty details, and I am not one to sugar-coat.
1) BOTTOM LINE: You don’t need the flu shot. I get this question all the time, and the answer is no. I cannot think of any time that this vaccine in particular would be protective. Vaccines are tools, and this tool doesn’t work. I do recommend getting other vaccines, but that we can talk about another time.
2) The flu shot contains toxins ( thimerosol, allergens, preservatives, MSG! )
Here are just some versions of the flu shot you can recieve:
|Influenza (Afluria) Trivalent & Quadrivalent||sodium chloride, monobasic sodium phosphate, dibasic sodium phosphate, monobasic potassium phosphate, potassium chloride, calcium chloride, sodium taurodeoxycholate, ovalbumin, sucrose, neomycin sulfate, polymyxin B, beta-propiolactone, thimerosal (multi-dose vials)|
|Influenza (Fluad)||squalene, polysorbate 80, sorbitan trioleate, sodium citrate dehydrate, citric acid monohydrate, neomycin, kanamycin, barium, egg proteins, cetyltrimethylammonium bromide (CTAB), formaldehyde|
|Influenza (Fluarix) Trivalent & Quadrivalent||octoxynol-10 (TRITON X-100), α-tocopheryl hydrogen succinate, polysorbate 80 (Tween 80), hydrocortisone, gentamicin sulfate, ovalbumin, formaldehyde, sodium deoxycholate, sodium phosphate-buffered isotonic sodium chloride|
|Influenza (Flublok) Trivalent & Quadrivalent||sodium chloride, monobasic sodium phosphate, dibasic sodium phosphate, polysorbate 20 (Tween 20), baculovirus and Spodoptera frugiperda cell proteins, baculovirus and cellular DNA, Triton X-100, lipids, vitamins, amino acids, mineral salts|
|Influenza (Flucelvax) Trivalent & Quadrivalent||Madin Darby Canine Kidney (MDCK) cell protein, protein other than HA, MDCK cell DNA, polysorbate 80, cetyltrimethlyammonium bromide, and β-propiolactone|
|Influenza (Flulaval) Trivalent & Quadrivalent||ovalbumin, formaldehyde, sodium deoxycholate, α-tocopheryl hydrogen succinate, polysorbate 80, thimerosal (multi-dose vials)|
|Influenza (Fluvirin)||ovalbumin, polymyxin, neomycin, betapropiolactone, nonylphenol ethoxylate, thimerosal|
|Influenza (Fluzone) Quadrivalent||formaldehyde, egg protein, octylphenol ethoxylate (Triton X-100), sodium phosphate- buffered isotonic sodium chloride solution, thimerosal (multi-dose vials), sucrose|
Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention June 2018 Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases, 13th Edition
|Influenza (Fluzone) High Dose||egg protein, octylphenol ethoxylate (Triton X-100), sodium phosphate-buffered isotonic sodium chloride solution, formaldehyde, sucrose|
|Influenza (Fluzone) Intradermal||formaldehyde, egg protein, octylphenol ethoxylate (Triton X-100), sodium phosphate- buffered isotonic sodium chloride solution, sucrose|
|Influenza (FluMist) Quadrivalent||monosodium glutamate, hydrolyzed porcine gelatin, arginine, sucrose, dibasic potassium phosphate, monobasic potassium phosphate, ovalbumin, gentamicin sulfate, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA)|
In bold are some highlighted toxins that have been established by research to be deliterious to the brain, nervous system and also carcinogenic. I didn’t even choose to go in-depth into the other toxins in the vaccines that I’ve never heard about.
3) The flu shot does not protect you from the flu – this year (depending on your source) the vaccine looks to be about 10% effective. Vaccines are made several months before actual flu season, so each vaccine is based on last years strain. Strains change – it’s called antigenic drift – and we have no idea how much the flu is going to mutate each year. Scientists usually anticipate there is “mild” antigenic change, but the virus usually has different ideas.
4) The flu shot CAN give you the flu – I’ve heard many stories of patients become very ill after receiving the vaccine.
5) You, or your child, CAN have an adverse vaccine reaction, and that can involve mild reactions and illness, all the way up to nervous system disorders and death! This is not talked about, but it happens. I find that mainstream media suppresses this information, and often does not attribute medical issues after vaccines to being actually caused by the vaccine.
6) You can support your immune system hundreds of better ways than doing the flu shot – read about how you can support your immune system naturally!
Take care of yourself,