These bars are my go to. They’re super easy to make – just blend in your food processor, and melt some chocolate! Everyone I’ve made these bars for absolutely LOVES them!
Nourishing Protein Bars adapted from Passionate homemaking
2 cups whole almonds
1/4 cup ground golden flaxseed
1/2 cup organic dates (about 6 whole pitted dates)
1/2 cup organic unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup organic raw almond butter
1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
1/2 cup organic coconut oil, melted
1-2 Tbsp organic maple syrup
2-3 tsp vanilla
1 handful 100% baking chips, or 3-4 unsweetened chocolate baking squares, melted
6 drops vanilla creme liquid stevia (optional)
*Use more chocolate for a thicker coating
To make your protein bars:
1. Place almonds, flaxseed, dates, coconut, almond butter and salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
2. In a small sauce pan, melt coconut oil using LOW heat. Remove from heat and add vanilla and maple syrup.
3. Add melted oil mixture to the food processor and pulse/grind ingredients until it forms a coarse paste.
4. Scoop out the mixture and press down hard into an square bar pan.
5. Melt chocolate in a double boiler, add stevia last when finally melted. Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the already pressed down bars. Smooth out and place into the fridge or freezer until chocolate has hardened. To serve, take bars out of fridge/freezer for at least 30 minutes. Work a knife around the edges gently and pop out bar onto pieces of plastic wrap. Wrap and freeze or fridge for later enjoyment.